Tuesday 21 October 2014

Audience feedback and evaluation - premilinary task/college magazine

                Audience feedback and evaluation - preliminary task/college magazine






What went well?


The things that had went well in creating my college magazine was firstly  photography. Went out to the street in college and found a range of people to take individual images such as; students in the gym, students wearing the ID cards etc. By the end of the photography, I had to make a decision on which image I was going to use for the front cover of the magazine. Therefore I gad decided to use the image of a girl whom was in the street wearing her student ID card. I had made her stand beside the blue wall in the street as I wanted the colour blue to be in my colour scheme for the magazine. I also made her look towards the camera because I've noticed that by them looking towards the camera makes a big effect to the reader other than the model looking down or somewhere else.






Another thing that went well in creating my magazine was using Photoshop. Photoshop was quite well in using such as placing the image where I wanted it to be placed, also on editing the image to make it seem very eye catching to the audience.






Lastly, what I found well in creating my magazine was writing the features on the front cover. Such as including masthead (LSC) and making that the same style writing as the colleges in the colleges website ( white and bold). The page layout was well placed as I made all text around the image of the girl making the image stand out more. Using box (in yellow) to be placed on the skyline and to write brief phrase on top of the magazine. Also layout on InDesign went well as this was used to create my contents page of the college magazine. Here I used line to separate the different subjects from each other such as prizes, events, features etc.




I also had some good feedback from other students as well as teachers of my front cover. Firstly, student Corrine stated that " The layout of your front cover is very neat, everything has a section another thing I admired was the colour scheme matching the college logo." Another student Sumaya stated that " Your front cover is very professional. I like the colour scheme and the way you laid out your text. Your sky-line is very good as well and this looks like a proper magazine."


 As for teacher had stated of my front cover that, "Overall the front cover of the magazine is very good. The colours of the magazine link very well, which makes the magazine look appealing to the eye, as well as making the text look easier to read. The fonts chosen all go together nicely and the change in font sizes help to make important headings stand out.The image of the girl is placed on the right of the text, she is covering most of the magazine which make her look important, she is also looking at the camera which entices the audience. All text placed on the cover is reverent and with the range in colour, cover-lines become easier to read. "


What do I need to improve?


The things that I need to improve on for my college magazine are firstly the image. I noticed after finishing my magazine that the light hitting the girl in the image below her eyes were too strong as she was wearing makeup I think that I could of use the features on photo shop as well to lower the makeup she had on her face.




I also think that I should improve on the front cover is the text maybe add more things (important features) of the college such as more events that are realistically happening also more things that college students would be attracted to.




I also received feedback of the front cover of my magazine from the following students before and teacher. Firstly Corrine had said "What I would improve is the lighting in the photo in the front cover, except from that the front cover looks very professional". Teacher had said "Overall if i was to give constructive feedback on Sarah's magazine, I would say to edit the image maybe, to lower the brightness and contrast, maybe make the text under the cover lines more noticeable by making the font bigger or bolder."


Development for Main task (Music magazine):



The first thing that I would develop for the main task would be to firstly plan out what my main task will be for instance the genre of music I would want to discuss and write about. And to stick to the theme and make it obvious what the theme is (music based House/Dance).


The second thing is to make it very high standard. For instance the imagery (photography that I will take for the magazine including the front cover and, contents page and for the double page spread.


Lastly I would make it a very journalistic for instance my writing I would proof read it make sure that the grammar, language and spelling as it was included as a feedback from the teacher.













1 comment:

  1. Sarah, this is a well written, detailed and self-reflective evaluation of the college magazine, which should help you move forward and develop when you come to creating your own music magazine. VC

    ReplyDelete